Sunday, 11 October 2015

Episode 1: Disclaimer

1. This blog is where I will tell the truth, nothing but the truth so help me God.

2. I feel that because people only posts positive things of their life on the internet, I wonder what we do when we feel sad? What we do when other people feel sad? How do we deal with sadness, hopelessness and negativity? This is mostly what I will write about.

3. I want to educate the mass about mental illness. I want the public to know that it does exist (scientifically proven), to not be afraid of the word "mental illness", not think of those who suffers from it as "drama queen/king", to spot those who "faking it" and if it happens that your family and friends have those, what should you do to support.

4. I am not a doctor. I work in pharmaceutical field. I have an engineering degree and an MBA. This is to ensure you that I am not a dumb person. I am educated and well-read. I can talk facts and scientific papers. So whatever I may write is not from on top of my head-emotional-spur of the moment kinda things.

5. I was diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder by a psychiatrist in July 2014 but I could have had the disease maybe 2-4 years before that. I have been on few medications.

6. Sometimes this blog may and will contain swearing and bad words. Why? because I want to and I do swear occasionally when I see fits. I ain't no angel like you.

7. I encourage constructive comments, and intellectual arguments. I agree to disagree with anyone who has different opinions and perspectives.

8. Don't comment on my English if you think its bad. I don't speak perfect english. I never do, I never will.

9. The reason why I feel I need to blog is...1) to share my life stories. 2) to educate people about mental health. 3) to read this again when Im old just to remind myself what a smart-ass I am.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment